The London Marathon
This weekend sees the 32nd Virgin London Marathon take place on Sunday 22nd April, one of the biggest running events in the world!
Here’s some stats to get you in the mood:
- It has been held each spring in London since 1981
- The race was founded by former Olympic champion Chris Brasher and Welsh athelete John Disley.
- Set over a largely flat course around the River Thames, the race begins at three separate points and finishes in The Mall.
- The first race was held with 20,000 people applying and only 7,747 being accepted to run.
- The event has raised over £450 million for charity since it began.
- It holds the Guinness World Record for the largest annual fundraising event in the world.
- A total of 817,890 runners have completed the London marathon.
- Every year approximately 30,000 people run the 26.2 mile marathon.
We are delighted that the beautiful (and brave) Jenny Falkner and Linda Barker will be sporting their Panache Sports Bras during the race in their bid to raise money for their chosen charities. As Panache Sports Bra is available in B+ from May, their bras were custom made for them before they are released to you lovely lot. Other celebrity runners this year include Calum Best, Nell McAndrew, Gorden Ramsey, Alex Reid, and Will Young, so good luck all!
- Daring to Dream with Disney On Ice Press Coverage
- We LOVE a Chatty Man
- Panache SS14 Press Day
- Panache coverage fever!
- MTV European Music Awards
- Bye Bye
- instinct pr Coverage Showcase
- Trick or Treat at Instinct PR
- The week we Rocked out…
- Fashion is the New Rock and Roll…